Representing The Interests Of Pre-Owned Vehicle Buyers
Essentially, selling a certified pre-owned vehicle is little more than a sales tactic to bolster consumer confidence. People anticipate a level of quality that may or may not actually exist in the vehicle. Fortunately, consumers are protected by the California Lemon Law.
At The Law Office of Lawrence J. Hutchens, our Los Angeles certified pre-owned vehicles attorneys are here to help. While it is true that these vehicles must undergo an inspection in dozens of areas, there is still no guarantee that the vehicle will be free of defects and will not, ultimately, turn into a lemon.
How Used Car Buyers Can Protect Themselves
Purchasing a certified pre-owned vehicle can certainly give you a greater peace of mind, but it is wise to protect yourself and learn as much as you can about the vehicle as possible.
- Shop around comparing the price and condition of different vehicles to gain a clear understanding of the market.
- Carefully read the warranty to ensure you understand exactly what is covered and what is not.
- Ask questions and, when possible, get the dealer’s answers in writing.
- Research what exactly was checked and replaced during the certification process.
- Research the make and model you are interested in to learn if there are consistent defects or recalls that come up. Were these errors checked and fixed during the auto inspection?
- If possible, research the vehicle identification number (VIN) of the vehicle in question to read its maintenance history.
If your certified pre-owned vehicle begins to build a history of defects and problems, you are still covered by the California Lemon Law. Do not hesitate to contact a skilled lawyer to discuss your options.
Contact Our Firm
If you have further questions regarding defective certified pre-owned vehicles, we invite you to contact The Law Office of Lawrence J. Hutchens to schedule a free consultation. We can be reached by calling 800-608-2510 or by completing our online contact form. We will advance all legal costs through the duration of your case, and we offer services in both English and Spanish.